Standard North Electrics Ltd Terms & Conditions (July 2018)
- Installation Work:
- All electrical installation work will comply with BS7671:2015 and any amendments in force at the time of the works.
- All electrical installation work will comply with applicable Building Regulations in force at the time of the works.
- Where work is to extend, or modify existing circuits, costs quoted assume that the existing installation is in adequate condition and complies with minimum current regulations. Any works found required to bring the necessary parts of the existing installation up to standard will be at additional cost.
- Unless stated otherwise, all cables will be concealed by chasing into the building fabric or concealed in building voids, under floors, etc.
Where impracticable, cabling will be neatly surface run, either clipping direct or housed in trunking / conduit.
- Where carpet or flooring coverings may require lifting to allow concealed installation work; no charge is made for this service, with best endeavours being made to avoid damaging them and to refit them to an acceptable standard. However, consideration of employing a specialist fitter may be prudent, at your cost to affect a fully satisfactory reinstatement.
- Where agreed beforehand, chases to walls will have round or oval conduit placed to conceal cables or cables will be clipped direct, however filling, final finishing of skim coat plaster and final decoration is excluded.
- All endeavours will be made to undertake installation work to a clean standard, using dust sheets and vacuum cleaning equipment as necessary.
- By North Electrics Ltd starting work you have agreed to these terms even if you have not signed the work contract
- Clearing and / or moving of furniture and other items blocking access to work areas are not included.
- Except where detailed, builders work (creating of holes larger than 50mm diameter, creating of support structures, etc.) are not included, except as outlined in Id, e and f above.
- Re-decoration and final making good is excluded from quoted costs, unless specifically detailed as included. D. Removal from site and disposal of rubble, fittings, wiring, materials, general waste and packaging is not included.
- Extras and Variations:
- All extras and variations must be agreed in writing prior to commencement.
- the costs quoted assume continuous and unhindered access to the site by prior arrangement with you.
- Unless stated otherwise, the costs quoted assume standard working hours between the hours of 08:00 hrs. — 17:00 hrs. Monday to Friday inclusive. Work required outside these hours may attract out of hour premium rates.
- Any additional work not covered in our quoted costs will attract additional time charge rate of E 35.00 per hour plus materials cost.
- All figures quoted are valid for a date of 14 days from the date of the estimate or quotation.
- If rooms are not cleared or furniture moved to the middle of the room a cost of up to £75 will be added to the final bill per room. Which we need to clear.
- Deviations from Building Regulations and BS7671:
- All work where applicable, will be executed fully in compliance with applicable Building Regulations and BS7671 in force at the time of the work, particularly in respect of work in dwellings to allow the legal Part P obligations to be met. Where a Client requires deviation from such regulations, a written instruction and record will be required.
- Risk and Title of Goods:
- the risk in all goods supplied shall pass to the Client upon delivery.
- All goods supplied shall remain property of North Electrics ltd until all sums due have been paid in full.
- North Electrics Ltd warrants its workmanship to be defect free for a period of 12 months from invoice date. Such cover does not extend to goods not supplied by North Electrics Ltd, physical damage to products, or any instance where the original installation has been altered or tampered with subsequently by third parties. Parts are covered by the manufactures warranty. It also does not cover Batteries, Lamps, Fuses and other consumable items
- unless agreed in writing payment in full must be made on completion of the specified works.
B If payment is to be made by cheque and the value of the work is £500 or over 50% of the final balance to be paid at the start of the work
- 30% of the cost of the works is due at the start
- Non-payment of invoices will be passed to a Collections company and the client will become liable to pay their costs and fees
- Late payments will incur charges of 10% of the total invoice amount for each week till full payment is received including late payment charges
- A copy of certification will be emailed to the client within 48 hours of full payment being received. A draft copy will be sent beforehand if requested
- All complaints need to be raised before the job is completed and put in writing
11. Labour only were we will be suppling labour only we cannot offer a warranty on parts or their replacement. Are warranty will be purely on workmanship If parts are missing or incorrect meaning work cannot be carried out you will still incur the charges for that day